Building six-pack abs is quite the trend these days and it is actually possible to accomplish this feat in a span of four weeks if you follow a strict diet and exercise regimen. When you think that you are ready to accept this challenge, you should follow these easy tips:
- To start with, the first step to getting your six-pack abs is a good diet. This will also demand the maximum discipline because you need to get rid of the stubborn belly fat and excess water. The idea is not to drastically cut down on the consumption of carbohydrates; the key to getting toned abs is to burn these carbs. When you skip carbs in your meals to lose weight, your energy reduces drastically. It is important to increase protein consumption to an extra 50-60 grams every day.
- To lower the intake of excess water, you need to add natural diuretic based foods which have green tea extract and dandelion. When you eat out, you have to consciously avoid drinking sugar-rich drinks and fatty meals.
- You can focus on eating small meal portions multiple times in a day to keep hunger cravings at bay. It is necessary to have a balanced diet which consists of lean proteins, vegetables and fruits, low-fat dairy products, and a small percentage of carbs.
- It is also important to stay hydrated always and there for you must drink a lot of water. When you drink water, you can also avoid bloating. This is because when you are dehydrated, your body will try to store water that in turn leads to bloating.
- When training to get six-pack abs, you will need to mainly perform workouts which target the abdominal muscles. Each workout should be for about 3-4 sets and you must do as many repetitions as possible. You can also add resistance to make the exercises more challenging. Common exercises which help you to get flatter abs are leg raises on benches which target the lower abdominal muscles. The upper abs can be strengthened through elevated feet ab-crunches.
- When you do High Intensity Interval Training or HIIT for cardiovascular strength, you can get a six-pack within a month easily. A six-pack cannot be achieved through ab crunches alone; you must lose the body fat and this is possible when you do HIIT. Whether you run or cycle or swim, you can burn the calories very fast.
- The important thing to remember to get a six-pack is that you have to create a proper workout plans and then follow it diligently. Simply working on the abs will not guarantee a well sculpted body; when you can really build up the upper body, you are likely to get more shape which will help to define the abdominal region better. Muscle building helps to boost the metabolism which in turn helps you to burn higher number of calories. You need to isolate muscle groups when you are training to get six-packs.
Finally, you must steer clear of diet pills which are loaded with ingredients which have never led to fat loss; these are in fact very dangerous when you consume them in high doses. Bringing out six-pack abs requires a high degree of discipline and hard work, both mental and physical pain and there is really no magic potion to get flat abs. You cannot fast forward the process but you can create calorie-deficits, work out with cardio and weights regularly and follow a clean protein-rich diet to see results.